Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Trials, Tribulations, and Trust in the Lord

First and foremost; I would like you to reflect the following questions and answer in your own time, "Have you ever had an understanding about what trials means to you?"
"Have you ever had an understanding about what tribulations means to you?"
"Have you ever had an understanding about what do you do to trust in God?"

This post would take you longer than five minutes to read. I would like to encourage you to think about a few major trials and tribulations that you have experienced during your life so far and I also would like to encourage you to think about the learning lessons from experiencing those trials and tribulations in your life.

Did any of those trials and tribulations helped you to become a better and stronger person for who you are today?

From twenty years old to current age, I work as a delivery driver at Domino's. Selfish of me, I have always tried to fit in even though I know that I look different compare to everyone else. I learned that I should not be afraid to ask for help when I do need some help.

I had two different car accidents within eight hundred days apart/two years and two months apart.

Within eight months of holding a drivers licence and I was nineteen years old, I had my first car accident. I was on my way home after dropping a former friend from a friend's mission farewell party and I know that I had some friends who assumed that I had no injuries from it. From the car accident, the car was written off and I had major whiplash and neck muscle strain.

Close to three years of holding a drivers licence and when I was twenty-one years old, I had my second car accident. During work and as I was about to unbuckle the seat belt and walk out of the car to deliver a customer's order, I felt prompted to stay in my car a little longer. I did not understood why until I saw someone who was drank with alcohol on the wet intersection and hit the car. From the car accident, again the car was written off and I had soft tissue injury on my right foot.

Both of the car accidents, I learned a lot of things and my faith has grown stronger. One of the major things that I have learned was to continue my trust in Heavenly Father/God in no matter what situations do I face in my life, he has always been with me.
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart.
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
This post is actually based on an Ensign article from March 2014; called "Trials, Tribulations, and Trust in the Lord" by Elder Bradley D. Foster. I hope that you will learn something new and I would like to share with you, some highlights that I liked while I was reading the acticle.

In this world of “opposition in all things” (2 Nephi 2:11), life is not fair. .. But Job, like all of us, wondered why he had to face the trials that confronted him. And like us, at times he felt that perhaps God had forgotten him or was not listening to him.

When sorrow, misfortune, or tragedy strike, how will we respond? .. Heavenly Father placed us in this lone and dreary world to teach us what we need to learn so that we may become like Him. Our lives are changed daily by the incorrect decisions of others, by our own poor judgment, by the laws of nature, and by unforeseen circumstances in a world that was never designed to be fair.

I have learned much from a book titled Why Did This Happen to Me? by Ray Pritchard. He says: “.. Meanwhile, hold on, child of God. Keep believing. Don’t quit. Don’t give up. Let God do His work in you. The greatest tragedy is to miss what God wants to teach us through our troubles.”

We do not know how long we will live on earth or what Heavenly Father has in store for us. We must trust in Him, make the most of each moment, and use our talents and gifts to improve our lives and to serve others. President Thomas S. Monson has declared:

“Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. …

“My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.” President Kimball added: “We knew before we were born that we were coming to the earth for bodies and experience and .. after a period of life we would die.

We accepted all these eventualities with a glad heart, eager to accept both the favorable and unfavorable. We eagerly accepted the chance to come earthward even though it might be for only a day or a year.”

May we all face our challenges with faith, endurance, and trust in our Heavenly Father and in His plan for each of us. Remember, it’s not what happens to us that matters; it’s how we handle what happens that makes all the difference. “When the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces,” the Savior’s power and assurance can still make it possible for us to experience joy and peace.

I testify that the Savior will abide with you in your darkest hour. He is there, and He has declared, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

The Atonement of Jesus Christ can heal afflictions.

If you would like to read the whole article in your own time, here is the link below.
www.lds.org/ensign/2014/03/trials-tribulations-and-trust-in-the-lord

A few major things that I would suggest for you to do whenever you are going through trials or going through tribulations in your life is to pray for comfort, trust in Heavenly Father/God and recognize what you are learning from those trials or tribulations.

That is all from me for now, I still have not been able to start doing a Vlog and I have been unwell. I also have been busy of doing other things. Oh, well. I plan to post again sometime on this Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment