Wednesday, August 1, 2018

How to Budget Major Things in Life?

This post may take you up to five minutes to ten minutes to read. I would like to share with you this post about budgeting. I know how important budgeting can be for your life, I hope you will learn something new and I would like to ask you the following five questions.

What does budgeting means to you? Have you ever thought budgeting before?
If you already budgeting, how effective is your current budget? and Do you stick to it?
What type of major things do you budget in life?

Recently, a friend asked me various questions relating to budgeting. I would say budgeting can be difficult to manage funds at first. Once you get a consistent habit of budgeting, the easy and fun budgeting can get.

Each individual has different techniques and suggestions on how to budget. If you already have a technique that is effective for you to budget, stick to it and continue to use that way.

I would suggest one major thing that comes to budgeting is to estimate how much you are willing to spend on each expense especially on the major things in life such as getting your car regularly serviced, paying rent, etc.

At the beginning of each month, I estimate what my total income might be for the month. Afterwards, I think about all the possibilities where my funds would be spent on and I also think about an estimate how much I would like to save by the end of the month.
"One of the great laws of earth is that your expenses need to be less than your income. - Jeffrey R.Holland."
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
I would like to share with you an example of an estimate for a month and I also consider about the categories of where the funds would be spent on.

Estimate expenses for a month of February. I will split into weekly and afterwards, I will share the monthly cost. Jen lives in a YSA {Young Single Adult} share house, she is in a relationship, she has her own car, she has a reliable job, and she is a church member.

She relies on her income from work. The expenses is quoted AUD dollars.

Estimate income:                                        Weekly: $650.00    Monthly: $2,600.00

Rent includes Water, Electricity, and Internet:  Weekly: $105.00     Monthly: $420.00
Gas/Fuel for her car:                                    Weekly: $35.00       Monthly: $140.00
Shopping Groceries:                                     Weekly: $30.00      Monthly: $120.00
Take-Aways/Fast Foods:                                                       Monthly: $45.00
Affordable Dates:                                                                  Monthly: $50.00
Car Insurance:                                                                       Monthly: $45.00
Phone bill:                                                                              Monthly: $50.00
Tithing:                                                       Weekly: $65.00      Monthly: $260.00

Total Expenses:                                            Weekly: $235.00     Monthly: $1,130.00
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
What techniques or suggestions has helped you to budget effectively and it works for you?
Who taught you how to budget? Have you been taught how to budget as growing up?
Do you find budgeting is one of the stressful things to worry about in life?

Do you ever consider about any major expenses that you might need to pay during a certain month?

I still remember who taught me how to budget. My Dad has taught me how to budget how I was growing up and it was a Family Home Evening lesson. I enjoyed that Family Home Evening lesson. As growing up, I remembered getting paid from doing house chores around the house.

I must admit that I was so bad at budgeting when I was younger, because I did not stick to a budget and I used to always spend the money that I get from doing house chores to purchase so much lollies/candies from the shopping malls.

As looking back those years now and if I was able to go back in time, I would be happy to spend the money wisely, stick to a budget, and I would have seen so much blessings for saving some money as much as I can.

I know that budgeting can be one of the stressful things to worry about in life because I always make sure that I have a reliable income that comes into my bank account from working hard and always making sure that I would be able to afford to pay for bills either early or on time. I have been so blessed to live in Australia because it has been a huge blessing for me to get another set of income that goes into my bank account and that income is from the government. I get paid from them every two weeks/fortnightly.

The greatest things that I like about budgeting is I always striving my best to budget wisely, I always would like to save a certain amount each month, I always strive my best to avoid getting myself any loans, pay for the things that I desperately need and I always look out to purchase things that is on specials/bargains.

I know in the Self-Reliance booklet has a section that talks about Managing Money and I would like to encourage you to read that section of the book sometime. If you are stuck to purchase the booklet or get the booklet from the Church library or trouble finding to get booklet on your Gospel library, it is online. Here is the link below.

www.lds.org/topics/pef-self-reliance/live/manage-your-money

I may not have answered too well of the post's title "How to Budget Major Things in Life?" but my main focus of that question for the post's title, is to capture attention for anyone to read this post about budgeting. That is all from me for now, I should be posting sometime tomorrow at Pacific Daylight time zone and I hope you will have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment