Monday, August 13, 2018

Some Suggestions for a Returned Missionary {RM}

I hope this post is short and sweet and this post should take roughly five minutes to read. I am not a Returned Missionary, but I would like to share with you some suggestions that I have thought of for a Returned Missionary who has either completed his or her whole mission or returned home early from their missions.

I would strongly encourage you to focus on continue to develop the new skills and habits that you have learned during your mission and try to remember too much about your habits before your mission.

If you have served far away from home or served your mission that is in a different time zone than your home local time zone, I would strongly encourage you to try to adjust to your home local time zone first and for you to be able to achieve that is to keep yourself busy.

I would like to invite you to attend Temple sessions as often as you can and try to make it as a priority, I also would like to invite you to attend Institute often and try to make it as another priority, I would definitely recommend to continue with the habit of personal scripture study daily and saying personal prayers daily.

It is a great idea for you to stay contact with the investigators, converts, church members, friendships and the past companions that you have met during your mission once in awhile. I know that they will appreciate it.
"Welcome Done thou good and faithful servant."
If you have started studying a course before your mission, if the course is still available to do, and if you still have a desire to complete it, I would strong recommend you to finish that course.

When that time comes to applying for jobs again, and if you were working before your mission, you can always ask the manager if they would happy to hire you again and that is also if you would still like to keep working with the company that you did work with before your mission. I would suggest to pray about your decision where to apply for jobs and let the Holy Spirit help you.

I would suggest you to find ways to serve others such as going out with the Full Time Missionaries from your ward, etc.

You are welcome to go to YSA events again and you can always try to make some new friendships. Do not be shy, and try to get out of your comfort zone.

I would suggest you to read some old General Conference talks that mentions about post missions as I think it will help you of some ideas what to do after your mission other than these suggestions that I have mentioned above.

That is all from me for now. I should be posting again sometime tomorrow, Pacific Daylight time zone and I hope you will have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment