Saturday, October 13, 2018

How to cope unexpected disappointments in life?

First and foremost, I would like you to know that this post is not based on a General Conference talk. Have you ever asked yourself a question, "How to cope unexpected disappointments in life?" Well if you haven't got an answer to that question, this post should be good for you to find out the answer.

My suggestions for you to overcome unexpected disappointments in life is:
- Seek for a priesthood blessing either by your home teachers or your local priesthood holders
- Have a phone call conversation with a friend who you haven't talk to for awhile/ages
- Go to the Temple and try not to think about the unexpected disappointments
- Keep yourself busy, spend some time with your family
- Read General Conference talks
- Pray to feel peace and comfort again
- Read your patriarchal blessing
- Read your scriptures

"He will not always take your afflictions from you, but he will comfort and
lead you with love through whatever storm you face." - Thomas S. Monson.
Have you ever thought the blessings that you have received for not going on a full-time mission if you did not get the opportunity to serve a full-time mission? Many church members thinks that I already have served a full-time mission. Whenever they asked if I am a Returned Missionary, it breaks my heart a little and kept wishing that I could have served a mission.

If you have served a full-time mission, you are so lucky and blessed to have the opportunity to serve a mission. If you are currently serving a mission, you are still so lucky and blessed to have the opportunity to serve a mission.

Have you ever imagined what it would be like for waiting over two years to find out that your stake president has not submitted your mission papers?

I woke up this morning, I didn't leave home to watch General Conference broadcast at the stake centre and I slept well. I received a missed call from unknown number and I decided to call back to find out who called me. The moment when I found out that it was my stake clerk who called me and what was the purpose why he called me, I instantly felt disappointed. I cried so much.

He mentioned to me that my current stake president has my mission papers and my mission papers HAS NOT been submitted. Despite of me moving around to different stakes and different wards for the past two years and few months, I finally have been told that my current stake president has my full-time mission papers. Are you serious?

A lot of things has happened to my life for the past two years and months. Maybe if I did go on my full-time mission, I might have met my current boyfriend during my mission and I might have got distracted from my mission service. Who knows what Heavenly Father had in store for me? I have been able to see the blessings from not serving a full-time mission.

My current boyfriend does not support me going on a mission because we already have set some serious plans for next year and obviously there are plans that I don't wish to change and modified. Looks like no mission for me while I am still young.

I somehow have been a huge help towards to my family, I have been able to meet so many people, I met my current boyfriend, I have been able to get work in Domino's industry, I have been able to travel to Utah, Fiji and Auckland, New Zealand during February this year, I was able to graduate Institute, I have been able to start and complete the Pathways program of Brigham Young University {BYU} Idaho, I have been able to receive my endowments and the list goes on and on.

I did reconsider to go on a mission during February last year and a brethren suggested to me to receive my endowments and then start a church service missionary {part time missionary a.k.a serving a mission from home} as a Self-Reliance missionary. When I followed up with the brethren about that mission within a few days after I received my endowments, he mentioned to me that the mission is not going ahead.

I still do not know what Heavenly Father has in store for me at the time. Of course, down the track and fast forward to November last year, I booked my flights to Utah to fly away from Australia and within five days later after booking my flights, I have met my current boyfriend online.

At this current point of my life, my current boyfriend has been a huge blessing in my life and I wished I didn't know anything about my mission papers. Obviously looks like Heavenly Father allowed me to remain faithful and remain strong in the gospel and he has provided me another route to take in my life to be able to meet my current boyfriend.

That's all from me for now, and stay tuned until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment