Friday, September 7, 2018

Endure

First and foremost, I would like to let you know that this post is short and sweet. I also would like you to know that today is the last section of the general conference talk and it is called, "Believe, Obey and Endure," by Thomas S. Monson.

Today's section would be focusing on "Endure." I would like to encourage you to think about, ask yourself and answer the following question in your own time. The following question
is, "What is your definition on Endure?"

I would also like to encourage you to think about your definition on Endure as you read this post. I hope you will learn something new as you read this post.

President Monson mentioned, " ..
Finally, may you endure. What does it mean to endure? I love this definition: to withstand with courage. Courage may be necessary for you to believe; it will at times be necessary as you obey. It will most certainly be required as you endure until that day when you will leave this mortal existence.

I have spoken over the years with many individuals who have told me, “I have so many problems, such real concerns. I’m overwhelmed with the challenges of life. What can I do?” I have offered to them, and I now offer to you, this specific suggestion: seek heavenly guidance one day at a time. Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it’s a cinch.

Each of us can be true for just one day and then one more and then one more after that until we’ve lived a lifetime guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness. The Savior promised, “Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.”

For this purpose have you come into mortality, my young friends. There is nothing more important than the goal you strive to attain even eternal life in the kingdom of your Father."

That is all from me for now. I should be posting some time tomorrow at Pacific Daylight time zone. I encourage you to read the whole talk in your own time. Here is the link below.
www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/believe-obey-and-endure

No comments:

Post a Comment