Thursday, September 6, 2018

Obey

First and foremost, I would like you to know that this post is short and sweet. I also would like you to know that tomorrow would be the last section of the general conference talk and it is called, "Believe, Obey and Endure," by Thomas S. Monson.

Today's section would be focusing on "Obey." I would like to encourage you to think about, ask yourself and answer the following question in your own time. The following question
is, "What is your definition on Obey?"

I would also like to encourage you to think about your definition on Obey as you read this post. I hope you will learn something new as you read this post.

President Monson mentioned, " ..
"Wonderful, glorious things are in store for you, if only you will believe, obey and endure." - Thomas S. Monson.
Next, young women, may you obey. Obey your parents. Obey the laws of God. They are given to us by a loving Heavenly Father. When they are obeyed, our lives will be more fulfilling, less complicated. Our challenges and problems will be easier to bear. We will receive the Lord’s promised blessings. He has said, “The Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.”

You have but one life to live. Keep it as free from trouble as you can. You will be tempted, sometimes by individuals you had thought friends. Precious young women, make every decision you contemplate pass this test:
“What does it do to me? What does it do for me?” And let your code of conduct emphasize not “What will others think?” but rather “What will I think of myself?” Be influenced by that still, small voice.

Remember that one with authority placed his hands on your head at the time of your confirmation and said, “Receive the Holy Ghost.” Open your hearts, even your very souls, to the sound of that special voice which testifies of truth. As the prophet Isaiah promised, “Thine ears shall hear a word saying, This is the way, walk ye in it.”

My beloved young sisters, you have the precious gift of agency. I plead with you to choose to obey."

That is all from me for now. I should be posting some time tomorrow at Pacific Daylight time zone. I would like encourage you to read the whole talk in your own time. Here is the link. www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/04/believe-obey-and-endure

No comments:

Post a Comment